Well, it wasn’t quite as easy as I expected. First of all, getting the back seats out was its own little dance. Once I got one freed from its locking mechanisms, the other one was a snap.
So, with the seats removed, I cleaned up the usual debris that accumulates on the floor of a car, and began the much bigger task of getting the 47″ x 48″ platform in. Wish I had someone video it!
Last night, I wondered if it would slide in with all the legs in place… and, of course, it wouldn’t! So, I unscrewed the three legs on the passenger side – this, while the thing was already balanced on the tailgate, at an angle!
Got it in, and couldn’t get the legs back on because the plans didn’t say that the legs should be inset from the platform edges so as not to hit up against the sides of the car. Damn!
Finally, FINALLY, I had to remove the middle leg from the driver’s side in order for the platform to slide into the correct position so I could screw the back passenger side leg back into place.
Reinstalled the doggy crate and secured it with the strap, and Presto! there was a willing puppy in the crate testing out the new scene…